Who we are
Insurance is in our name. Reducing risk is in our DNA
Insurance is available everywhere. It’s not so with risk management expertise and a detailed knowledge of business and personal insurance. And that’s what you’ll find at Rueter Insurance.
- By reducing risk, our clients have fewer claims and lower insurance costs.
- They value working with a boutique agency that delivers highly personalized service.
- Our clients stay with us.
Protecting our clients
Among our business clients are restaurants, wholesalers and distributors, terminal operators/stevedoring, contractors, transportation companies, and non-profits.
Many of the owners and executives of our business clients also ask us to protect their homes, autos, valuables, boats, recreational vehicles, and rental properties.
- Joseph Rueter President
- Kathleen Rueter Vice President
- Peggy McGilloway Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Michelle Cunningham Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Tina Green Personal Lines Account Manager
- Cory LaFleur Marketing Manager
- Sean Killion Sales Associate
- Joe Rueter Jr. Sales Associate
Joe has an extensive background in both insurance sales and account management, having been an account executive with Willis Corroon in Radnor, PA for ten years. As commercial lines producer with Century Business Services, he further honed his risk management skills and sales expertise.
A graduate of Temple University, his undergraduate business degree is in risk management. He has further enhanced his professional insurance development by earning CIC, CRIS and CPIA designations. He and his wife, Kathleen, and their four children are residents of the Jenkintown area.
Kathleen serves as office and accounting manager for the agency and assists the Account Manager and clients. Before coming on full-time at The Rueter Insurance Agency, she previously worked at AON Insurance Services as a service associate for seven years. She is currently pursuing the CISR designation.
A graduate of Holy Family University, she is the mother of four children and lives with her husband, Joe, in the Jenkintown area. Along with work and family, Kathleen is involved with the community and is a CYO Board Member and Track coach.
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Peggy handles a variety of client-related task including maintaining customer files, performing rating calculations, checking policies and endorsements for accuracy, communicating with clients, and issuing certificates of insurance. Peggy has further enhanced her professional insurance development by earning both CRIS and CISR designations. Before Coming to the Rueter Insurance Agency, she worked at AON Insurance Services for 11 years. She began her insurance career in the claims department of Prudential Insurance Company more than 20 years ago.
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Michelle provides support for the accounts manager, handles data entry and communicates with clients. She began her insurance career in 2000 as a customer service representative with Premier Group Insurance and worked as an accounts executive at BISYS Specialty Programs prior to joining Rueter. Michelle has further enhanced her professional insurance development by earning a CRIS designation.
Personal Lines Account Manager
Tina’s primary responsibilities at the agency are the generation of new business and the retention of existing personal lines accounts. She handles all customer issues such as billing and claims inquiries with utmost customer service.
Before coming to the Rueter Insurance Agency, she worked at an agency for 8 years as a customer service representative.
- Temple Business School of Insurance & Risk Management degree
- Certified Insurance Counselor
- Presidents Club-Selective Insurance Company
- Personal Lines Production Award-Selective Insurance Company
- Personal Risk Advisor-IRMI
- CRIS Designation Construction Risk & Insurance specialist
- National Association of Professional Insurance Agents (PIA) (www.pianet.com)
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (www.iiaba.com)
- Insurance Agents & Brokers (www.iabforme.com)
- International Risk Management Institute (IRMI)
- Donald Ross Society
- Insurance Society of Philadelphia
- National Alliance for Insurance Education
- Beverage Distributor Association of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Association of Metal Finishers
- Starting Point of New Jersey