5 Tips for Lowering Your Car Insurance Premium
Everyone is looking to save money where we can, and that includes on our car insurance!
Certain factors are out of your control when it comes to car insurance, including crime rates in your area or your age. The safety rating and age of your vehicle will also impact the price you pay to insure it, but most drivers don’t want to trade in their car for something else just so it’s cheaper to insure.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled some handy tips for lowering your car insurance premium that don’t require getting a different car!
- Take an Accredited Safe Driving Course: One of the best ways to show your insurance company that you’re a safe driver with a lower risk is to take an accredited safe driving course. While this may require a small financial investment in the course, it often pays off in 10 or 15% off your auto insurance premium each year!
- Maintain a Safe Driving Record: Drivers with a safe driving record without accidents, tickets, and other violations tend to be cheaper to insure. Do your best to maintain a safe driving record by never drinking and driving, not texting behind the wheel, and practicing other important safety considerations.
- Combine Your Policies: Bundling your home and auto insurance policies is an effective way to save money on both! If you have multiple vehicles in your household, insuring them under the same policy also accomplishes this goal.
- Inquire About Discounts: There are lots of other discounts you might be eligible for. Don’t hesitate to inquire about discounts for low-mileage, loyalty discounts, paperless policy discounts, or discounts for paying your annual premium at once rather than on a monthly basis.
- Choose the Right Insurance Company: If you work with the right insurance company, they’ll help you find the policy you need at a price you can afford!
In Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, that company is Rueter Insurance! Call us today and we’ll get started on the perfect policy for you.